Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Proud to be an American

Yesterday the people of this country came together to utilize our right to vote. One of the many rights that we are so fortunate to have. I didn't wake up this morning upset by the outcome but grateful that millions of people made a choice. I am one of millions that voted for change, for a new president to guide us. My candidate might not have won the race but he fought a good fight. This reminds me of why I am grateful to live in America. When this country was first founded it was because of the desire to be free. I don't know where this country is headed but I know how it began and how it has gotten to where it is today. 

Men fought for my freedom, men fought for the freedom of those that couldn't fight for themselves, and women fought for my rights. I wasn't here when those things happened but I am truly grateful for all of those that played the role and fought the good fight. 

This is a country where those that are faithless can find faith, those that are hopeless become hopeful, where men and women of all cultures can have families, religion, education and careers. We live in a very fortunate country. I might not be able to make as much as a man in the same job but I am grateful that I can work, I can speak for myself and I can stand up for what I believe in. There are many people all over this world that don't have those luxuries. We should be ever so thankful. 

I'm unsure of what the next four years will bring but I know that I have faith in God, faith in the American people, and faith that we will overcome the obstacles before us. I am grateful that no one can take that faith away. I am proud to be an American!  

No comments:

Post a Comment